Contact: 360-595-5075 or David@peaksustainability.com
FOR RELEASE March 2022 – Whatcom, Snohomish, Island, San Juan, and Skagit Counties, WA
Bellingham, WA – Peak Sustainability Group, a locally owned consulting company in Bellingham is celebrating its 11th anniversary on March 1. Formerly Kulshan Services, the company rebranded to Peak Sustainability Group in 2021 to reflect regional expansion, a growing team, and focus on sustainability and climate change. Peak works with businesses and communities seeking effective and innovative ways to address climate and sustainability challenges through strategic communications and sound science.
Peak founder, David Roberts, looks back on over a decade in business and a 40-year career
“Tremendous company growth, our rebrand, and regional expansion are huge milestones for us. During the pandemic, we survived and thrived and attracted an incredibly talented team including affiliate and partner relationships giving us significant capacity to work with communities and businesses throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are working on the frontlines during a critical decade facing significant climate and sustainability challenges. Being in this business has been daunting and yet hugely rewarding.”
Company growth and regional expansion
Peak has built a reputation for taking care of clients in a collaborative and respectful manner. We have attracted an incredibly talented team and are now positioned to bring real progress on the biggest issues in climate, sustainability, ecosystem health, and strategic communications.
- In 2020, the leadership team grew to include industry veterans, Howard Sharfstein and Rick Beauregard.
- In 2021, Peak hired Janet Clawson, CFO and Wendy St. Claire, HR Manager.
- In 2020 and 2021, the company also brought on sustainability coaches, Jessa Clark, Kat Klass, and Sam Humphreys as well as climate change and strategic communication expertise with Sarah Parker and Natalie Sacker.
- In 2022, Peak brought in environmental, climate, and sustainability veteran, Dr. Keith Wolf.
- Peak partners with ten affiliates and six other consulting firms providing the capacity to meet our clients’ needs.
- Peak worked with over 20 organizations and businesses in 2021 alone on over 25 projects.
Our first decade built a strong foundation – the second is about bold action
This next decade is critical for bold action; climate change will test our economy, the health of our ecosystems, and our quality of life. Peak exists to help communities and businesses take the necessary steps that build community resilience, equity and justice, and economic sustainability. Planning, engagement, strategic communications, and informed decision-making will be at the forefront of all efforts to create a resilient future.
Peak’s primary expertise includes climate change planning, guidance for corporate sustainability and resilience, and strategic communications. Peak also offers technical services including regulatory compliance and permit support, fisheries and habitat assessments, stormwater inspections, and water quality studies.
peaksustainability.com | LinkedIn | Facebook | Blog | Our Team